Supporting the Lighthouse TrustThere are a number of key ways that you can support the work of the Lighthouse Trust.
Rose Smith – director of First Class Learning, Northampton, is a qualified primary teacher and English and Maths tutor. She also works as a Special Needs Coordinator in a number of Northampton primary schools. She has been actively involved in a number of the Trust’s projects over the years and is currently a Trustee for Lighthouse Trust.
Viv Vass – works for the Early Help Service, within Northamptonshire County Council; supporting Families and Young people during tricky and challenging times in their lives. Viv has worked in this field for a number of different organisations for almost 20 years. She has ,until recently, also been a governor in a local primary school , serving for almost 16 years. Viv has been an active volunteer with Lighthouse Trust over the years, as part of the pastoral team serving in Upper and middle schools; she has also been part of the team delivering transitions workshops in primary schools, part of the summer schools weeks, and has also been part of the team providing assemblies in primary schools. Viv has now joined the team of Lighthouse Trustees.
Dave Weston – is a trustee of Lighthouse Trust and a church minister at Living Grace, a church in the heart of the community with a non-denominational emphasis, which reaches out to all ages in practical ways. Dave has also supported projects that involve drama in primary and secondary schools and in community projects.
Becoming a Member of the Team
The Team is responsible for promoting the love of God to children and young people in a fun, but educational way.
The team helps to support:
- Assemblies in line with government guidelines for collective worship in both primary and secondary schools
- Religious Education (RE) lessons to both primary and secondary schools
- Churches in establishing after school clubs in the community and can provide any necessary training and support – there have been a number of successful initiatives which still support the community today in Northampton and surrounding villages
If you have a heart for young people and children and you want to share your faith, then this could be for you.
Age is no barrier, it is an asset – a number of our volunteers are over sixty years of age; lack of experience is not a barrier -we will train and support you, so if you are interested, please contact us now for more information.
Partnering with Lighthouse Trust
Lighthouse Trust is seeking to partner with churches and individuals. Partnership means that we value each other and recognise we can work together to achieve shared goals by…
- Volunteering in schools with Lighthouse Trust
- Being a representative of Lighthouse Trust in your own church, promoting a shared vision to reach children and young people in your community, creating/developing links between your church and local schools
- Helping Lighthouse Trust in administrative support
- Being a prayer supporter for Lighthouse Trust and for the schools near you
- Being a regular financial supporter for Lighthouse Trust
Become a Partner
Lighthouse Trust is looking for supporters who will regularly support the work in schools – you can give £5, £10, £30 or £50 and even more, but please remember, if your giving is Gift Aided, the giving is substantially increased.
Giving on a regular basis is the best way because it allows the Trust to budget for the financial year more effectively. If you are a taxpayer and you sign a Gift Aid Declaration form, we can claim back the tax paid by you.
For every £10.00 you give us, we get back £2.50 back from the Inland Revenue – as you can see, in a year if you give (based on 25% basic rate of tax):
- £50.00 – it becomes – £62.50
- £150.00 – it becomes – £187.50
- £300.00 -it becomes – £375.00
This is an effective way to support the work in the schools without any additional layout to yourself and your giving goes in providing quality care and support in the schools:
Please download a Standing Order form from the link above and return it to the Lighthouse Trust office and we will do the rest – thanks